Search This Blog

August 27, 2010

He's Far Away

He's more than 1,000 miles away now. And in another time zone. It makes me miss him. Stan keeps asking why I stare at him sometimes. Like when he's holding me or after we kiss, I would look at him. He'd ask, "What?" in this gentle, curious way. And I, as he describes, cutely respond, "Nothing." I told him I'd tell him in person why I stare at him. Mind you, he stares at me too, the difference is that he tells me. In response, he usually tells me I'm cute, or beautiful, or just to mock me, he'd say "nothing" as well. Apart from that latter, when he says things like that to me, I can't help but modestly smile. I don't really know why I stare at him. I just like to. His face is there and I like to look at him. He's so sweet and nice to me. He makes me happy. I like looking at the person who makes me smile. It's like an instant calm for me I suppose. Looking at those lips that kiss me, talk to me, laughs with me and sometimes at me. And his nose, with which he gives me eskimo kisses. Those eyes that gaze back at me when I stare at him. I really love his big brown eyes. Haha speaking of big brown eyes, when he says I look up at him, he says my eyes get big. I can't help but joke that it's impossible since I'm Asian. He thinks it's so cute when I look up at him like that, with my eyes apparently getting bigger. Stan says I look sweet and innocent, only making the naughty side of me more surprising. He's the only one to tell me these things. I find it fascinating what he thinks of me. Yes, because he's my boyfriend, but I've always had a fascination with what people think of me, how I'm perceived and it makes me happy knowing that he's honest and open with me.
I remember the first time we showered together. The air of pure nervousness that enveloped us. I was beneath the showerhead, facing him. He was staring at me. He had this sweet look that had nervous written all over it. His big eyes gazing at me, his curly hair all matted down because it was wet. His stubble more apparent in the lighthing. That image of him is burned into my mind. It's my favorite image of him. I remember reaching up and playing with his hair. He softly asked me "What?" I replied that he was cute with his hair wet. Good times
In addition to my addiction to staring at him, I like smelling him too. I suppose it's because when I'm close to him, he always smells nice, be it pure sweaty pheromones or aftershave. It seems kind of creepy that I love the way he smells though haha, but I can't really help it. He likes to stare at me, taking how I look in, I like to take his scent it. The difference is that his smell is just temporary. He can remember what I look like and think about it. It's hard to remember a scent in a similar way. He finds my love of his smell both creepy and flattering. He's a silly boy like that. But I do like that silly boy.
To make up for the absence of each other, we text. A lot. We would probably text more if he had better reception in the middle of nowhere. And at night, when the both of us have unlimited minutes, he'd call. He stays up late for me, because he's an hour ahead of me. I've never even met someone like him and I'm lucky to have him as my boyfriend. He's so giving to me and sacrificing. I fear that he gives too much to me sometimes. He doesn't think so. He like spoiling me, since he has money. He likes to treat me well. He doesn't need to with money, at least. He spoils me plenty just with his words. He takes his sleeping time just to talk to me. I can't stop him from being nice to me. I sometimes want him to not be so nice because I think it's too much sometimes. Too much in a good way. I think he gives me too many compliments, too much time, spends too much money(I'm not an expensive date btw, $20 spent on me is about my limit).
He's not even here and he distracts me from my college work already. My sister says that it's good that he'll be gone for my first month college. So that I can get fully adjusted without any issues. It's only been a few days since he's been gone and he says he already misses me like crazy and is ready to come home. I'd love for him to come back, cuddle with him, spend nights together and take trips together, like we talk about on the phone. At the same time, I'll never get my schoolwork done haha. But that's my problem. Oh well. I'll get to it!
Now... to do homework....

No comments:

Post a Comment